Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) provides comprehensive Medical care facilities to the Central Government employees (serving & pensioners), their family members, and other entitled categories for a token contribution. The beneficiaries can avail healthcare services in different systems of medicine such as Allopathy, Homoeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani, Yoga, and Siddha. Chief medical officers and medical officers operate these dispensaries and are responsible for the smooth functioning of the scheme.
CGHS, Pune currently has nine Wellness centers and one Polyclinic all providing allopathic treatment. There are two Homeopathy units attached to Wellness Centers No. 3 (Camp) and Wellness Center No. 5 (Boys Battalion) respectively. There is an Ayurvedic unit attached to Wellness Center No.7 (Mukund Nagar).
Who are entitled for CGHS facilities?
- All Central Govt. employees and their dependant family members residing in CGHS covered areas.
- Central Govt Pensioners and their eligible family members getting pension from Central Civil Estimates
- Sitting and Ex-Members of Parliament
- Ex-Governors & Lt. Governors
- Freedom Fighters
- Ex-Vice Presidents
- Sitting and Ex-Judges of Supreme Court & High Courts
- Employees and pensioners of certain autonomous organizations in Delhi
- Journalists (in Delhi )Accredited with PIB ( for OPD & at RML Hospital)
- Railway Board employees